[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/Linux is still not an OS for the masses - discuss

John Matthews jakewc2 at sky.com
Thu Oct 14 10:59:50 BST 2010

On 13/10/10 18:25, Rob Beard wrote:
> John, have you tried maybe contacting your local Linux User Group
> (assuming there is one near you?).  You can find a list of LUGs here:
>
> http://lug.org.uk/listings
>
> If you can find a local LUG which is active (seems like some of them
> aren't so active) then maybe one of the LUG members could pop over and
> see you and go through the problems you're having.  Maybe another pair
> of eyes actually looking at things might help.  Okay it's not 100%
> guaranteed but it could be worth a shot.
>
> Rob

Hi Rob, Unfortunately, its my pc, that is the main problem, and I dont
have transport to pick up my pc, and take it to a lug meeting.

As for other points, cant remember who suggesting I was telling people
'woe is me the world of Ubuntu all against me'. I didnt say that, what I
posted about in this thread, has actually happened to me. Take that how
you like.

John

--
Ubuntu User #30817