[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/Linux is still not an OS for the masses - discuss

Melv Bailey melvbailey at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:56:30 BST 2010

I have opened a can of worms here but my original post on the Ubuntu
forum was to find out why there didn't appear to be a way to force VGA
mode on the live CD if it got its video detection/drivers screwed up.
Clearly my monitors showing out of range means Ubuntu is driving the
video to resolutions or refresh rates beyond the capabilites of the
monitors (various flat panels from 1024*768 to 1680*1050 depending on
machine/laptop).

Can I dare ask of anyone in a position of influence if this could be an
option?

And by the way I never complained about the level, atitude of support
for Ubuntu, I have never used it, I asked if a live CD was meant for the
masses is it not easy to get it to work - an option for VGA mode like
Windows would almost certainly have solved my problems.

Please close this thread It has gone in a direction I never intended

Mel