[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/Linux is still not an OS for the masses - discuss

Roy Jamison xteejyx at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:18:28 BST 2010

I didn't mean it to be offensive at all, but moaning about the way
things are doesn't change anything, that's why we have a coalition
government; no-one voted, they sat at home complaining.

Trust me though, I've used Ubuntu since 6.06 and my God I've been peed
off at times with problems and people not helping, but unless you shout
loud enough or see the right channels for support, nothing will ever get
done - for those that don't help aren't worth helping themselves ;)

If you *do* have any issues or problems, I'll be there at the front with
a few others asking how I can help.

We can only help those that bother to report things, sorry it's a grim
way to look at it, but it's true. Developer XYZ won't know about ABC
until they're told about it, same goes for anything: if you buy
something at Tesco that doesn't work, you'd take it back and tell them,
you can't expect them to know it's a shoddy product (not that Ubuntu is
in any form) if you don't tell them.

Again, sorry if it came across "abusive" it wasn't meant to be.