[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Hour

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 15:51:34 BST 2010

Ashley,

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 15:03 +0100, Ashley Whetter wrote:
> I've just been into stockport andu there is no wifi! Plus I had a
> quick search for cafes that did and found none! There is good 3G
> though so I may just tether my phone.

OK, let's give it a try and see how we get on. There are a couple of
cafe/bars in Heaton Moor with free WiFi and probably other places away
from the town centre, so we could consider moving to one of those at
some time. Although, they do tend to get crowded at 3pm on a Saturday
afternoon!

(And when O2 decide to release Android 2.2 on my phone in a way that
does not turn it into a brick, I'll be able to enjoy the delights of
tethering!)

> I'll be taking a laptop and may or may not use it. The wiki says you
> should "Wear something with the Ubuntu logo or have a visible Ubuntu
> sticker on your laptop (if you bring
> one)." (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hour)

That's not a problem.

> Lastly the cafe is actually called "B&B's" not fresco as Google
> thought.

Ah, is that the one under the covered part of Merseyway in the middle of
the walk way?

See you there.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk