[ubuntu-uk] SD card - lock out sectors .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 11 11:35:32 BST 2010

This is not a specifically Ubuntu query.  Sorry if you feel it's off
topic.  I bought a 32 GB SD card via e-bay (from China).  The price was
too good to be true, and only the first 2 GB works.  Pay-Pal came up
trumps, and I received a full refund, but I still have the faulty card.
Anyone know of a way of locking out faulty sectors so I can use more
than the first 2 GB?

Regards,		Barry Drake.
--
Sent from my Dell Netbook using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.