[ubuntu-uk] Banks and Ubuntu support for business users

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 16:03:45 BST 2010

Hi all,

A quick question I'd like to put to the list. The business web site of
my bank doesn't work with Firefox on Ubuntu anymore (it used to), even
though it works fine with Firefox on Mac. A support query I filed
resulted in an answer by email along the lines of "we don't support
Linux".

How would you address such an issue with your bank or any supplier you
deal with to convince them that they have an interest in supporting your
chosen technical solution?

And, as a community, is there anything we could do to help institutions
and businesses support our operating system of choice?

Cheers,

Bruno