[ubuntu-uk] Musick Manager

Grant Sewell dcglug at thymox.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 21:12:35 BST 2010

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 21:03:43 +0100
Jacob Mansfield wrote:

> could anybody recommend a good music player/manager, I've just spent
> 4 hours clearing up after banshee, amorak and rhythmbox and I'm not
> happy. it has to be able to consolidate my music library using move,
> NOT COPY. use 'smart play-lists' get album art. manage the content on
> my mp3 player based on what I haven't herd recently. oh and did I
> mention I have 105GB of MP3s which I also want to convert into ogg
> vorbis. any ideas about this?

Regarding the converting of MP3s to OGG Vorbis audio files... don't.  I
know keeping MP3s around kinda goes against the ethos and spirit of
FLOSS, but if you care about audio quality then you'll re-rip the audio
and store as either FLAC or OGG-Vorbis.  Converting from one lossy
format to another lossy format is just a recipe for poor audio quality
files as an end result.

Grant.