[ubuntu-uk] Diagnostics tools

pmgazz pmgazz at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 16:32:16 BST 2010

On 04/10/10 13:55, javadayaz wrote:
> would the thermal gel really be exhausted after a few years...wasnt long ago
> when i applied it, it seems.

One of mine's making a noise like an idling black cab - I've reseated
the heat sink and messed around with it - only way to get it to stop for
a while is to slap the box strategically. Driving me nuts, it's less
than a year old but spose I have to get a new one :(

You can sometimes fiddle with smart fan settings in the BIOS if the
CPU's running too hot. Didn't work for me cos it's obviously plain
knackered but might work for you :)

Paula