[ubuntu-uk] Diagnostics tools

Philip Stubbs philip at stuphi.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 10:20:30 BST 2010

On 4 October 2010 09:13, javadayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> still awaiting an answer....
> Why would my keyboard work in the bios settings but not when i boot up in
> normal or when i running a livecd? would this still be related to the
> overheating cpu?

Some time ago, when I first tried a USB keyboard, there was a setting
in the BIOS that I had to enable to allow it to work. Not sure what
the setting was, but until I had fixed it, the behaviour was as you
describe. I guess with newer hardware, the default will be to expect a
USB keyboard. Have you looked through all the BIOS options?

--
Philip Stubbs