[ubuntu-uk] unable to install 10.04.1

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sat Oct 2 17:32:00 BST 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 16:17 +0100, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I have just finished trying to install 10.04.1 onto an old desktop
> computer belonging to a friend of mine and failed to do so. The
> installation started OK and then the red and white dots froze and the
> Caps Lock and Scroll Lock lights on the keyboard kept flashing on and
> off.

I had the identical problem.  I remember setting the bios to the
defaults, I remember changing a bad memory stick, and I also remember a
bad hard drive: sorry, I can't remember which of these cured the
problem!

Regards,		Barry Drake.

--
Sent from my Dell Netbook using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.