[ubuntu-uk] Ink level report .....

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 10:24:57 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 09:57 +0000, Tony Pursell wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 00:15 +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Why don't you head on over to Ubuntu Brainstorm
> > (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ and propose  the inclusion of an 'ink
> > level reported' in future releases of Ubuntu.
>
> If you have an HP printer and the HPLIP toolbox installed, you already
> get this - and notifications to nag you about low ink.
>
> Tony

And I also see in System > Administration > Printing when I select
Properties for my printer, there is an 'Ink/Toner levels' dialogue.  In
there I get a status message

Printer 'Deskjet-F2100-series' is low on ink.

but CUPS doesn't show which cartridge.  I know it is the colour one. So
perhaps this is all a matter of the printer driver and what the printer
itself is prepared to report. The developers page is

http://cyberelk.net/tim/software/system-config-printer/

Might be worth talking to him about ink level reporting in System >
Administration > Printing.

Tony