[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Version Downgrading

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sat Nov 13 20:27:22 GMT 2010

On 13/11/10 17:20, bodsda at googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> Last time I checked, there is no supported way of "downgrading" between distributions.
>
>  I would recommend a clean install of 10.10 first to see if you still get the issues, if you do, then reinstall the LTS.
>
> Your probably aware of this, but if you can set up a seperate partition for your /home, this saves an immense amount of backup time when reinstalling as you can choose (advanced mode) to only format the / and just mount the old /home

is there a way of doing this as a default option when installing,
normally if you select use entire disk it does just that, perhaps there
could be a modification to this that will allow for / /home and /awap

just an idea for beginners,

the rest of us who are not new users can do this using the advanced
options for that part of the install

Paul