[ubuntu-uk] Loosy splah screen after update to 10.10

Craig Peden cpeden at cogigo.com
Sat Nov 13 00:50:38 GMT 2010

Everyone has it. It is the newer graphical boot/shutdown stuff that I think
it generated by Plymouth as opposed to the xsplash you will have been used
to. You could install xsplash.

- Craig

On 12 Nov 2010, at 22:36, Pallottini Aymeric <paillomams at yahoo.com> wrote:

I have got an Acer Revo, that I have updated from ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10.
After the update the splash screen is not the usual graphic one, it is a
simple bit of text displaying "ubuntu 10.10 and some dots, with even some of
the events of the boot process being displayed. The same when shutting down
the machine.

Is somebody experiencing this also? Can I get back the nice splash screen?

Thanks,
Aymeric

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/