[ubuntu-uk] Clever tricks using vsftpd virtual users to have seperate permissisons

Glen Mehn glen.mehn at oba.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 14:36:10 GMT 2010

On 04/11/10 19:02, Matthew Wild wrote:
> On 4 November 2010 15:20, Matt Darcy<ubuntu.lists at projecthugo.co.uk>  wrote:
>> I'm looking at clever ways to do this such as a permissions schema
>> linking into mysql, but it's starting to get a bit over the top. I'm
>> confident this isn't possible but thought I'd throw it out to the list
>> to see if any of you have come up with clever solutions.

Also perhaps consider running vsftpd in a chroot environment (much
googling may be required here, depending on your user level)
Essentially, you'll create a fake /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files
which will duplicate shell users. I've not done this with vsftpd.

--
Glen Mehn
glen.mehn at oba.co.uk
skype: glenmehn | blog: http://glen.mehn.net/mba