[ubuntu-uk] dvd format

Vince Marsters vince at marsters.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 08:47:10 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 08:29 +0000, Ted Wager wrote:

> Hi Colin..
> Thanks for the very quick reply..What format should I use to ensure
> the files are read ok by my dvd player ?

A lot will depend on what formats your DVD player supports. Since it
failed with supporting xvid I assume it has no support for multimedia
codecs (divx etc) so as Colin suggested, you should stick with the DVD
VOB format. If you can provide further info on the DVD player we may be
able to work out what it really supports.

Vince