[ubuntu-uk] Cheese on netbook

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 5 22:39:41 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 21:33 +0000, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> There is a hardware information tool that should be able to detect
> what is visible to the kernel in a bit more meaningful way than dmesg
> but its name escapes me at the moment. Have a search for 'hardware' in
> Software Centre.

Thanks.  Not found anything useful so far.  BUT I tried plugging in an
old USB webcam and Cheese found that OK.  I think this means that I have
a hardware problem, so I imagine I'm going to have to restore the
supplied system, test and then return to Dell.  Any other thoughts?

Regards,		Barry Drake.
--
Sent from my Dell Netbook using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.