[ubuntu-uk] Video and DVD creation ....

Philip Stubbs philip at stuphi.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:31:55 GMT 2010

On 4 November 2010 10:50, John Stevenson <john at jr0cket.com> wrote:
> Looking at the recently created OpenShot website http://www.openshot.org/,
> it is looking a really good option for video editing, with lots of
> features.  It also uses the Media Lovin Toolkit http://www.mltframework.org/
> as opposed to the Gstreamer system used by others.
>
> I hope to try out OpenShot at the weekend.  If anyone does a write up of how
> they got on with OpenShot, please let me know.

I had a play with OpenShot last night. It looks very good, but I have
to say that it did crash once, and getting the codecs installed is not
clear.[1] Once that was sorted, it does have a very good dialog for
setting the codecs where you just pick what the target is (YouTube,
DVD, Bluray etc) and it will then set some sensible defaults. You can
then click the advanced tab, and tweak if required. That is one thing
it does better than PiViTi. I have not actually tried to create a
video with it yet.

--
Philip Stubbs