[ubuntu-uk] Does the OOo Enhanced Graphic Options extension work in Ubuntu 10.10?

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 19:16:20 GMT 2010

On 01/11/10 12:12, Mark Harrison wrote:
> I'm hoping that someone can check whether a particular OOo extension
> works in Ubuntu 10.10?
>
> The reason I ask is twofold:
>
> - I'm writing a HOWTO about making customised invitations that can be
> printed at the local supermarket photo printer (by exporting as JPG)
>
> - The extension that you need to do this at a decent resolution -
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/EnhancedGraphicExportDialogs
> - is known to have issues with some Java VMs, and there isn't obviously
> a list of which Linux distributions work "out of the box" with it.

I've tried it without adding any OOo java stuff and it didn't work, it
came up with an error message.

However I then installed the openoffice.org-java-common package which
appears to install openjdk, restarted OOo and tried installing it and it
at least installed.

I managed to export an Impress slide to JPG which worked okay.

Hope this helps.

Rob