[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on Dell (revisited) ....

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at southfarm.plus.com
Sat May 29 19:59:31 BST 2010

http://search.euro.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=uk&l=en&cs=&k=ubuntu&cat=a
> > ll&x=0&y=0
> >
> > Note, no less than 7 different models.
>
> Have you actually tried clicking on them though? Most of them only
> have the option of selecting Windows XP or 7, as far as I can see the
> only 2 that have Ubuntu on them are the Latitude 2100 and 2110.

Agreed and I took the order to the stage of Add to Basket (with Ubuntu
9.04) and this was accepted.  So the above statement of "Dell don't
supply Ubuntu machines in the UK" is false, much as it might be very few
Ubuntu machines.

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim at powys.org
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/