[ubuntu-uk] Using Gparted

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at gmail.com
Thu May 27 17:47:28 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 12:24 +0100, Rowan Berkeley
<rowan.berkeley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, now I've got 10.04 installed (whatever my system monitor may
> think), and I have also got 10.04 on a Live CD. However, I do not
> see how I could run Gparted from the Live CD with my internal hard
> drive unmounted, because I installed Gparted on my internal hard
> drive, and I imagine it is not present on the Live CD, not being a
> part of the basic installation (though I assume the Disk Utility is
> there).

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 17:06 +0100, Dave Morley <davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk>
wrote:
> It is what the installer users to format hard drives so it is present
> on the live cd. If it wasn't you could still install it anyway in the
> same manner as you would on installed system.

This Live CD sounds like an amazing box of tricks. I shall have to run
it just for an exploratory session. Presumably I can just stick it in,
reboot, and see what happens. Thinking about it, it can't unmount the
internal hard disk completely, it must be using it, in its own way.