[ubuntu-uk] Using Gparted

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Thu May 27 06:37:34 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 00:17 +0100, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> Open nautilus file manager and navigate to your home directory. Press
> CTRL+H to show hidden files. You'll notice they all start with a full
> stop. I'd recommend not monkeying with any of them :) Cheers, Al.

Too true, upwards of seventy folders. Many of them are associated with
user applications, but some are gnome files.

On Wed, 26 May 2010 16:45:15 +0100, Dianne Reuby <pramclub at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> Reminds me of a relative who phoned me a few years ago and complained
> his (Windows) PC wouldn't boot. What were you doing when you last used
> it? "Just deleting some files I never use" Like what? "command.com,
> something like that" You may have a problem there ... :) Dianne

Well, I've never been that bad. But I should have recalled that in fact
there is a similar distribution of hidden files in the user space in
windows too.