[ubuntu-uk] 10.04 LTS doesn't appear in my update manager

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed May 26 16:16:21 BST 2010

On 26/05/10 10:08, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 26 May 2010 10:04, Rowan Berkeley<rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>  I have checked this several times. According to the settings it should
>>  show LTS releases.
>>

> What version are you currently running? The lsb_release command helps here:-
>
> e.g.
>

> alan at bishop:~$ lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        10.04
> Codename:       lucid

I also saw no version update invitation listed when using 8.04.4
(updated) LTS.
Searches gave a command line string to mave th eLTS to LTS version
update, which I have not  yet used. However, the
System>administration>software sources (updates) is set  in my
machines (and of my friends' too) to
'LTS releases only'.

I hope that an elegant method of LTS to LTS version upgrade will
emerge because LTS tends to be used by people who  include those less
confident.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user