[ubuntu-uk] One Line Tips! Help request.

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed May 26 08:34:15 BST 2010

I want your one line tips!

http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/UbuntuTips

I'm gathering Ubuntu tips from people to read out on the podcast, and
hoped some of you lot would be willing to contribute. Here's the
skinny:-

* They don't have to be command line tips (in fact command line tips
are discouraged given there's plenty of places you can get them and
they can be difficult to understand when read out)
* They can be aimed at any level of user (we'll group/categorise them later)
* They can be for any application, whether it's in the default install or not
* They can be for any desktop environment / derivative, although the
'official' ones are encouraged, other popular derivatives are welcome
too (e.g. Mint)
* They should be short and sweet, paragraphs of text are not wanted here :)
* Don't worry if you think your tip is too simple or too advanced.
You'd be surprised how little other people know, and how useful your
tip might be!
* Don't worry too much about grammar, spelling and so on, they can be
tidied later.
* Please don't just copy/paste tips in from books/websites or other
sources. Please write them in your own words

I've put a few there to start off, and give you an idea of the style/length.

Please help if you can. You probably know more than you think! Click
the link above to start contributing!

Cheers,
Al.