[ubuntu-uk] Using ITV Player

Harry Rickards harry at linux.com
Tue May 25 19:17:32 BST 2010

On 25 May 2010 19:05, Bruno Girin <brunogirin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 18:14 +0100, Harry Rickards wrote:
>> On 25 May 2010 17:38, Dianne Reuby <pramclub at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> > Has anyone tried the ITV Player in Firefox in Lucid? I can play
>> > pre-watershed items, but others give another flash window which lets me
>> > choose whether I want a PIN or not. Whichever option I choose, it tells
>> > me my security settings don't allow me to store flash cookies, and do I
>> > want to modify them. Again, whether I choose yes or no makes no
>> > difference.
>> >
>> > And I only want to watch a programme about sailing around Cornwall - my
>> > mother would be happy for me to watch, I'm sure. :)
>> >
>> > Dianne
>> >

>> Confirmed, I've got the same problem. Is the program you want on seesaw.com?
>
> Similar problem with the Eurosport player. It will play the demo video
> but not the live feeds. And obviously, they only tell you that *after*
> you pay a subscription and contact support.
>
> Bruno

People on the forums have had success by installing
ubuntu-restricted-extras and w32codecs. Some people have also had to
change their user agent to an IE one. Alternatively you could use
http://www.m0sand.com/henningms/?p=58 to play Eurosport in VLC.

Harry Rickards - harry at linux.com
Vote Lib Dem - Building a fairer Britain - http://libdems.org.uk