[ubuntu-uk] HTC Phone connecting to Ubuntu

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Tue May 25 15:55:48 BST 2010

On 25 May 2010 15:50, John Matthews <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:

>  On 25/05/10 13:03, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>

> On 25 May 2010 12:44, John Matthews <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:
>
>> I bought the HTC Desire phone this week, and I am wondering will it
>> connect to Ubuntu?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>  I would use Google sync tools with Evolution or Thunderbird and Lightning
> for desktop, and possibly Songbird with FolderSync for music and photos and
> things at the moment. The Desire's SD card will mount as a filesystem over
> USB.
>
>  s/
>  --
> Save BBC 6 Music http://www.love6music.com
> My CV: http://bit.ly/sfgreenwood_cv
> Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonfgreenwood
> Twitter: @sfgreenwood
>

> Hi Everybody,
>
> thank you so much for your help. That worked, I was able to upload the pics
> to my HD via the filesystem using the USB. It still means though that you
> have to use windows for updates and things, yes?

Android is designed to upgrade over the air so you shouldn't have to connect
it to a computer at all.

YMM, of course, V. My Milestone has just been updated to Android 2.1 but I
needed to connect via wi-fi rather than over my T-Mobile 3G connection but
it should be dependent on the hardware maker rather than the phone company.

Simon