[ubuntu-uk] nvidia and lucid

Timothy Rittman tim.rittman at doctors.org.uk
Sun May 23 20:41:00 BST 2010

On 22 May 2010 22:35, Bruce Durling <bld at otfrom.com

>/  Hi,
/>/
/>/  I have a friend running Lucid with nvidia and he is having trouble
/>/  with the video drivers//
/<snip>

Hello Bruce,
Have you tried running nvidia-xconfig from the command line?  Are you able
to get to the virtual terminals Ctrl-Alt-F1...

<bit more snipping>

Hi Bruce,

I also had quite a few problems getting the nvidia drivers to work
properly. I did get it working eventually (hope that's reassuring!). The
following forum solved my problem, after going through forums with
similar solutions to what you found above:
http://70.87.46.147/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2252094

I filed a bug which shows my xorf.conf here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nvidia-drivers-ubuntu/+bug/578885

Not sure if that will solve the problem, but may give you a few more leads.

Good luck,

Tim