[ubuntu-uk] Nvidia Settings (was Media Centre Advice)

John Stevenson john at jr0cket.com
Thu May 20 16:13:58 BST 2010

On 20 May 2010 15:34, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:

> On 20 May 2010 15:30, Simon Swaysland <simon.swaysland at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Did it just work, or did you have to play with settings?
> >

> I've installed the nvidia binary driver and vdpau library from the
> repository and that was pretty much it. I put a couple of tweaks in my
> mplayer config to make it buffer and force it to use libvdpau but
> that's about it. I've used boxee and mythtv on it, worked fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Hello Al,
Are your tweeks for mplayer available?

I have used the sound preferences to select evey option in turn and not hand
any output except from the headphones.  I have the vdpau library installed
but did not help.  I have tried 9.10 and 10.04.

I hope that it is just a bios setting issue as previously mentioned which is
stopping sound over HDMI, as otherwise the Revo 3610 is great.  Find out
tonight.

--
John Stevenson
jr0cket.com