[ubuntu-uk] Call for help - ISO testing

Philip Billington pbillington at gmail.com
Fri May 14 19:53:26 BST 2010

Hi

Happy to help, add me to the list.

- Phil

On 13 May 2010 09:15, "Alan Pope" <alan at popey.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm sat here at the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Brussels and wanted to
let people know about something and ask for volunteers to help.

During the Lucid development cycle (ending with the Lucid release) the
Italian LoCo Team have been doing some great work contributing to
Ubuntu and I wanted to bring that to the UK.

The task is to test the Ubuntu ISO (CD) images at certain points
through the cycle. This is a surprisingly easy thing to do, and with a
few volunteers and bit of co-ordination it's possible to test all the
various flavours and architectures and report bugs to the QA team.

What the Italian LoCo have done is co-ordinate the effort to ensure a
spread of testers across Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and other flavours,
and 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. There's no single person who has
to test every single ISO, and some people only test one of them. There
are points in the cycle (Alpha/Beta releases for example) where more
effort is needed, so having multiple people testing the same ISO gives
some redundancy as well as ensuring the images are well tested.

What you'd need is a computer and a relatively decent internet
connection which you could use to download one or more ISO images.

Anyone fancy helping out with this? If so just say so here, and we can
work out the details when I get back from UDS.

Cheers,
Al.

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/