[ubuntu-uk] Call for help - ISO testing

Dan Fish danfish at nhs.net
Thu May 13 09:21:04 BST 2010

On 13/05/2010 09:15, Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sat here at the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Brussels and wanted to
> let people know about something and ask for volunteers to help.
>
> During the Lucid development cycle (ending with the Lucid release) the
> Italian LoCo Team have been doing some great work contributing to
> Ubuntu and I wanted to bring that to the UK.
>
> The task is to test the Ubuntu ISO (CD) images at certain points
> through the cycle. This is a surprisingly easy thing to do, and with a
> few volunteers and bit of co-ordination it's possible to test all the
> various flavours and architectures and report bugs to the QA team.
>
> What the Italian LoCo have done is co-ordinate the effort to ensure a
> spread of testers across Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and other flavours,
> and 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. There's no single person who has
> to test every single ISO, and some people only test one of them. There
> are points in the cycle (Alpha/Beta releases for example) where more
> effort is needed, so having multiple people testing the same ISO gives
> some redundancy as well as ensuring the images are well tested.
>
> What you'd need is a computer and a relatively decent internet
> connection which you could use to download one or more ISO images.
>
> Anyone fancy helping out with this? If so just say so here, and we can
> work out the details when I get back from UDS.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Sounds like a good idea - is this using testdrive by any chance?

I'm interested to help.

Dan

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail