[ubuntu-uk] (no subject)

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu May 13 08:16:42 BST 2010

On 13/05/10 02:18, red wrote:
> I am wanting to get organised in life and so hey I should use my laptop.
>
> In my Ubuntu (latest version) I have a calendar next to my clock and
> also a calender in Thunderbirds and a google calender. This selection is
> ace but can I integrate all the info on one into the other calendars?#
>

> Thanks and Shalom
> --
> * Rik Boland * 15 Stanley Place, Lancaster LA1 5PN 07866439588**

Yep you should be able to.  First of all add the Lightning plugin to
Thunderbird, then there is another plugin (can't remember the name of it
off the top of my head) which will allow Lightning to syncronise with
Google Calendar.

Then setup Evolution to use the Google Calendar (you should be able to
do it without running the wizard, IIRC you don't have to setup an e-mail
account).

Then you should get notifications in both Lightning and on the
notifications app.

I do this, well I have got Lightning on the wife's PC syncing with my
Google calendar and I've got my laptop running Ubuntu syncing with my
Google calendar, and my Nokia phone too so I've got no excuse to miss
appointments now.

Rob