[ubuntu-uk] Media Centre Advice

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue May 11 14:18:31 BST 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Dan Fish <dan at fishms.org> wrote:

> I'd certainly vouch for XBMC on a revo. I'm using a 'generic' windows
> MCE remote from Maplin with it. Watching 1080p with no probs and the
> wife and kids are very happy with it. I experienced a few 'quirks' on
> setting it up but there's loads of info on the web - one tip that took
> me ages to find - you need to turn off compiz or you get vertical
> tearing on some videos.

For what it's worth, I'm running XBMC on an actual Xbox, as in, what
it was originally designed for. :¬) It works beautifully, was quite
easy to set up - it only requires a softmod, it wasn't necessary to
open the case - and the hardware was free. The bits to mod it cost me
about £12 on eBay.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508