[ubuntu-uk] Netbook Battery Problem

John Stevenson john at jr0cket.com
Thu May 6 12:55:20 BST 2010

On 6 May 2010 12:13, Jon Farmer <viperdudeuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Every time I disconnect the power the notification bubble tells me I
> have less than 2% of battery left and proceeds to hibernate the machine.
> This is even though the battery is fully charged and the battery
> indicator in the panel says 2 hours charge when you click on it. Very
> annoying, anyone know how to stop it happening?
>
> I am using 10.04 UNR booted into the default Gnome desktop
>
> Regards
>
> jon

You should be able to stop the laptop from hibernating by changing the power
settings.  Easiest way is to select the properties menu item on the battery
icon in the top pannel.

Change the settings so that the latop does not hibernate when the battery is
at a critical level.

This does not fix the issue, so I suggest you check launchpad
<https://launchpad.net/>to see if this issue with your laptop has been
reported, there may be a work around.  If not, perhaps you could submitt a
bug on launchpad <https://launchpad.net/> (you can use the same account as
you use with ubuntu one).

--
John Stevenson