[ubuntu-uk] Final Upgrade to Lucid, not worked completely

NTLWorld b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed May 5 14:24:36 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 11:43 +0100, John Matthews wrote:
> What else can I explain. I explained in my first e-mail that I did the
> final upgrade to Lucid from the last release. It didnt finish. I also
> explained that Wine was the reason the upgrade failed. In the grub it
> shows about 10 different kernels. It definitely has 10.04 installed.

I've been following the thread.  Someone suggested that you get rid of
most of the redundant kernels then update grub.  Did that help?

If the problem began with Wine, try Un-installing Wine using purge, then
re-installing the latest.  I am not aware of reported problems with Wine
updates to the present.  Maybe you got a corrupt download of the last
update?

I suggest that the problem is caused on your side   .....  sorry to be
vague  ....  corrupt downloads do happen, and they can cause problems.
You say you gave 'all the information you could'.  Detailed error
message, boot messages with 'splash' and 'quiet' turned off are probably
the kind of thing referred to ....  no one else seems to be experiencing
the same problem, so the only detailed info has to come from you.
Sorry ...		Barry.