[ubuntu-uk] Final Upgrade to Lucid, not worked completely

John Matthews jakewc2 at sky.com
Wed May 5 11:43:52 BST 2010

On 05/05/10 10:43, Alan Pope wrote:
>> I see other people getting help as soon as they ask a
>> question. I'm just getting a message here and there and then nothing at
>> all.
>>

> Perhaps being rude to people is putting them off helping you?

Um, can I ask, where in this thread have I been rude. What I posted just
now was from frustration. That isnt rude. If anybody has any other
problems, maybe you could actually ask or say something?

>> I really need help here.
>>

> I have re-read the thread and don't actually understand what the
> problem you're experiencing is.
>
> Can you explain exactly what happens when you boot your machine, and
> what you've done exactly to get to the state you are at and what
> measures you've tried to resolve the issue?
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

What else can I explain. I explained in my first e-mail that I did the
final upgrade to Lucid from the last release. It didnt finish. I also
explained that Wine was the reason the upgrade failed. In the grub it
shows about 10 different kernels. It definitely has 10.04 installed.

So somebody then mentioned

sudo update-grub

which I did, and explained that it did nothing. I posted about what came
up when I did that. But it looks like for second say it wont show,
because I only keep it going on pastebin for 24 hours. I'll post it
again. for the third time.

http://pastebin.ubuntu-uk.org/63968

When I did it, I had problems with ubuntu loading. It still is causing a
few problems, but I tried to do an update via recovery in the grub. It
kind works a little better, but there something still wrong.

It still freezes after you go past the grub. This did not happen until I
entered

sudo update-grub

John

--