[ubuntu-uk] Dell Inspiron 1750 Problems

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 00:24:55 BST 2010

Hi

i have just bought a Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop, and installed Xubuntu on it. I have 2 problems:

1) I cannot get it to detect any wi-fi network connection. It has a Broadcom 4312 wi-fi adaptor.

2) I can find no way of disabling the intensely annoying touchpad. There is no option in the BIOS config,
and even its original Windows 7 control panel had no option, either. Does anybody know where the
Linux driver might be located, so I can disable it?

Any suggestions on either point would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Nige