[ubuntu-uk] Cannot boot after upgrade to Lucid

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Mon May 3 18:47:51 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 18:34 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have posted the following bug
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/573776
>
> but got no response yet so I wonder if anyone on the list can help
> me?
>
> It seems that the only way I can get at my partitions is by using my
> USB stick.  So I can pull of log files, etc and modify any config files, if
> needed.
>
> Tony

Hello,
That error is related to your graphics card. What gfx card and what RAM
do you have?

Here's the error in the drivers code

if (rdev->family == CHIP_RS400 || rdev->family == CHIP_RS480) {
                /* FIXME: RS400 & RS480 seems to have issue with GART size
                 * if 4G of system memory (needs more testing) */
                rdev->mc.gtt_size = 32 * 1024 * 1024;
                DRM_ERROR("Forcing to 32M GART size (because of ASIC bug ?)\n");
        }

Can you let us know what hardware your system has and we can look a bit further.

Thanks,

-Matt Daubney