[ubuntu-uk] Final Upgrade to Lucid, not worked completely

John Matthews jakewc2 at sky.com
Mon May 3 16:37:41 BST 2010

On 03/05/10 14:47, Stuart Bird wrote:
> I suffered this problem some time ago when I had 9.10 installed
> as a dual boot laptop (also on a Sky router although I do not think
> that is connected to the issue). In the end I found that it was the
> gnome network applet that was causing the issue. I replaced it with
> "wicd" and everything worked fine thereafter.
>
> "sudo apt-get install wicd" will take care of the installtion and gnome
> network applet removal in one go.
>
> Regards
>
> Stu

Hi Stu,

was that about the dual boot, or the boot into Ubuntu. If you remember
my first e-mail, I think mine stems from an incomplete installation,
caused by Wine not installing in the upgrade. Then performing sudo
update-grub and that doing something when Ubuntu Loads from startup. I
think most of the problems are from the part installation.

John.

--
Ubuntu User #30817