[ubuntu-uk] HP Printer problems.

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Sun May 2 12:06:43 BST 2010

Steve wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:11:14 +0100, Keith Powell
> <keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Steve wrote:

>>> On a different model, installing hplip-gui got the scanning to work.  It
>>> drags in xsane.
>>> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html is also worth having a
>>> look round.
>> Hello Steve.
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> I have installed hplip-gui, but scanning still doesn't work, neither
>> does the toolbox.
>>
>> I will try the HPLIP script again and do battle with the 7 or 8
>> unresolved dependancies which it needs!
>>
>> Keith
>>

> HP seem to think it works
> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/photosmart/photosmart_b109a_series.html

Sorry for the delay in sending this, but as the printer/scanner/toolbox
didn't work with 10.4rc, I decided to wait for the final to come out.

It's just the same. By setting the printer up manually (admin ->
printer), I can get it to work - but not scanning or toolbox (it says
that it can't find any scanners). So, I deleted hplip and downloaded the
hplip script from HP. That didn't work either - only printing again. The
installation ends with it Saying that there is nothing connected to usb.
I've tried unplugging the usb cable and replugging it.

I don't know what to try next. If you or anyone else can offer any
suggestions, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Keith