[ubuntu-uk] Create a DVD

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:44:11 GMT 2010

On 26 March 2010 10:22, javadayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I placed a DVD in the tray. A menu opened (CD/DVD creator). I dragdroped the
> mpeg file in there and clicked create. A dvd was created.
> This works fine on several pcs..but doesnt seem to work on a dvd player
> connected to a tv.
> What am i doing wrong? any help....

It will only work in a dvd player if it is capable of playing mpeg
files, which some are not.  Alternatively dvd players may not be able
to play a DVD that is left 'open' rather than finalised.  When you
made the DVD if there was an option to leave it open, so that more
data can be added later then it should not have been left open.

If your player cannot play mpeg files at all then you will have to
make a proper video dvd from the file.  I use DeVeDe to do this.

Colin