[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Science Museum Visit - WiFi Available!

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Mar 25 11:23:19 GMT 2010

On 25 March 2010 11:12, Jon Reynolds <maillist at jcrdevelopments.com> wrote:
> But she really doesn't have a clue bless her. The basic principles of
> what a password is and what it is for and how her email username and
> password isn't what the entire Internet is asking her for just doesn't
> sink in.

Have you tried educating her?

I've been teaching my mum recently, and we've been going nice and
slow. She's 60+ and never had a computer before, this is her first.
Last week she was practicing mouse control by playing Solitaire, this
week she was importing photos from her camera and removing red eye :)

She's very much a non-technical person, having difficulty tuning in an
analog radio. So having someone to help her is very important. Bad
things happen of course, things don't work as she expects and I'll
have to deal with those issues as they come up.

Cheers,
Al.