[ubuntu-uk] Amazon to pay Microsoft to use Linux......

Anton Piatek anton at piatek.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 13:03:39 GMT 2010

On 15 March 2010 12:11, John Matthews <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:
> This is interesting, where do we stand with this?
>
> http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100222/1816398260.shtml
>
> Once this starts, will it affect Linux everywhere? Will we end up paying
> for the privilege?

Nowhere does the original source say that the deal was specifically
for linux - Amazon and MS probably have lots of patents they want to
cross-license, and it just so happens that some linux related ones
fall into that. It doesn't look to me like linux was a primary target
in this...

Anton
--
Anton Piatek
email: anton at piatek.co.uk
blog/photos:			http://www.strangeparty.com
pgp: [74B1FA37]	(http://www.strangeparty.com/anton.asc)
fingerprint: 7401 96D3 E037 2F8F 5965  A358 4046 71FD 74B1 FA37

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.