[ubuntu-uk] PyWeek

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sun Mar 14 20:15:02 GMT 2010

On 14 March 2010 20:11, Thomas Ibbotson <thomas.ibbotson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good to see we've got some interest in this. I've now created a team
> at http://pyweek.org/e/ubuntu-uk/ so if you want to join you'll need
> to register as a user and then send me your username so I can add you
> to the team. It would be good to have a trial run before the
> competition to see how we can collaborate. If anyone's got any ideas
> that would be good, IRC, Gobby, a wiki etc. I was thinking of putting
> up a small wiki page for people to give their availability. I'm only
> available in the evenings for example.

Consider using our Etherpad instance instead of gobby. It's browser
based and as such requires no software install. It's also cooler ;)

http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/

If you visit that page you'll get an automagically generated new
document, just share the URL with people and you're off and running.

If you want a friendly-named pad then add the page name on the end like this:-

http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/pyweek2010

..and it will prompt for new page creation. Then pass that URL around.

Massive thanks to Dave Walker for setting it up and maintaining it.

Cheers,
Al.