[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu One

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Fri Mar 12 13:34:38 GMT 2010

I have been using Ubuntu One for a short while, and use it to upload
files for backup purposes, just a few files so far.

But today, when trying to backup a new version of a file, I noticed that
although I can copy files to my Ubuntu One folder in Nautilus, there is
no Ubuntu One icon any more in my system tray, and when I click on the
menu entry under Applications/Internet, it will not work, and gives an
error:

    Could not launch 'Ubuntu One'

    Failed to execute child process "ubuntuone-client-applet" (No such
    file or directory)

I checked in Synaptic, and Ubuntu One is still installed and listed there.

So I logged in online, and there it lists files that I deleted today and
not the files I added via Nautilus.

Is anyone aware of any serious problems with Ubuntu One lately?

David