[ubuntu-uk] keycombo to restart gdm?

Markie mark.curtis.1970 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:40:03 GMT 2010

Hi All,

Before 9.10 you use to be able to restart gnome by pressing
CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE. This seems to have been disabled now, I remember reading
in somewhere. However on a couple of occasions on two seperate machines
running 9.10 I have seen the desktop session restart in front of my very
eyes and on both occasions when i was typing some commands in the terminal.
I didnt type anything unusual I may have hit a shift key, and no I didnt
type "sudo gdm restart" or anything like that, It was just normal commands.

Now Im guessing I hit a different key combo or something, but how can I tell
from the logs whether its a user requested shutdown or a unscheduled restart
of gdm?

Thanks

Mark