[ubuntu-uk] USB NAS adapter samba connection

Tommy Pyatt tommy.pyatt at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 6 00:08:22 GMT 2010

Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful responses. Especially to Tony, I
found the Addonics NAS model for sale on amazon UK for a reasonable price
which specifies Samba compatibility in the product description. If I am
unable to get good speeds using the netbook and NFS then I will most likely
give it a go.

the netbook using dd and managed to get a speed of 16.6MB/s on a transfer of
100MB test data, which is slow-ish but acceptable for a netbook and would
have been sufficient for what I wanted to do. I am pretty sure that the
problem is with the network, and I will try a few more diagnostics.

Thanks again,

Tommy