[ubuntu-uk] How does standard Ubuntu install compare to this?

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jun 19 05:21:09 BST 2010

Juan R. de Silva wrote:
<snip>
> I'm always bothered with the articles of the kind. Their are of no
> interest to an expert and at the same time do not provide any help to a
> novice...
> I know from my own past experience that such articles are in fact quite
> discouraging for newbies.

Juan >>> You're comments are very perceptive.  The only really useful
article would be a step-by-step 'How to' for  novices that helped them
set up basic security, and gave some URLs to good introductory
information.  By definition, novices don't know what they don't know,
don't know how to fix it, and don't know how to find out.

Hope someone from SafeOnLine reads your post!  :-)

mac