[ubuntu-uk] ***Regading your email to Dell - incident # 16808254***

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Jun 15 13:24:37 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 17:38 +0530, Raj_Mohan at Dell.com wrote:
> Regarding your proposal for the Dell systems (without the Microsoft Operating Systems) made available for the UK - Ubuntu users, and other suggestions, I would be referring the issue to the appropriate team and will contact you with the information.
Further to my last e-mail, could you please look at the following link.
There seems to be quite a difference here between USA Dell policies and
your UK thoughts unless I've misunderstood.
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ubuntu?c=us&l=en&cs=19

You might also like to see a clip from a message that appeared this
morning on the UK Ubuntu mailing list.  "Unfortunately my best bet at
the moment seems to be a Samsung N220, but I can't bring myself to
purchase something pre-installed with windows (... it will only
encourage them to carry on doing it)."
Regards,
Barry Drake.
--
Sent from my Dell Netbook using Ubuntu - the Windows-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.