[ubuntu-uk] Still having problems with recovery......

Jim Price d1version at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 12:54:03 BST 2010

Matthew Bassett wrote:
> On 11 June 2010 01:36, jakewc2 <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:
>> Ok, I cant sleep, and have found that file you wanted,
>>http://pastebin.ubuntu-uk.org/66604
>> Hope that helps.
>> John
>
> OK: Comparing the normal boot to the recovery it looks like they are
> both the same.
>
> I'm wondering if the issue could be the "vga=791" option?

That leapt out at me too. I don't know what graphics hardware John has,
but (in addition to Matthews points) "vga=791" can require that kernel
modesetting be disabled. The alternative is just remove "vga=791" to see
if that makes any difference.

What make and model graphics card do you have John?

--
JimP