[ubuntu-uk] Still having problems with recovery......

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Fri Jun 11 00:09:22 BST 2010

On Thursday 10 June 2010 23:44:29 Alan Bell wrote:
> ah, interesting, this is new information. A fresh install of Lucid does
> not show grub at all unless you hold shift, although thinking about it
> it might have to for dual boot setups. At the top of the grub screen it
> should list the version number of grub. Does it start with 1.98?

Grub2 shows a boot menu if it detects more than one operating system.
Otherwise it is hidden as you say.  In this case it's detecting his WinXP
partition and therefore showing a boot menu.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Before we got into this war there were countless 'military experts'
and intelligence analysts that told us this was a good idea, that we