[ubuntu-uk] Still having problems with recovery......

John Matthews jakewc2 at sky.com
Thu Jun 10 23:15:04 BST 2010

On 10/06/10 23:04, Alan Bell wrote:
> I would encourage you to take steps that would lead to more information
> being available, the more information you can provide the more likely it
> is that someone will understand what is occurring. Installing a small
> dual boot partition might provide interesting additional information.

Ok, I dont know what else I can tell you. What I have told is all that
happens. I click on the recover link under the kernal when in the grub,
and it freezes after about 20 secs. Nothing else happens, no script
comes up, no other boxes, I cannot get into a terminal. It just freezes.
That is all that happens. So if something happens again, when I update
to do a partial upgrade, I cant do anything to fix it, as I done have
access to recovery when booting.

Please excuse me when I ask, what value is there, for me to post about
similar bugs. I just dont understand what that will do to help. I am
just telling you exactly what happens on my pc. Please help me to
understand what that will do to help you, then I will try to find those
similar bugs again.

John

--
Ubuntu User #30817